Recipe: Vegan Ombar Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 30g Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter + 2 tbsp extra for swirling.
- 65g coconut sugar
- 40g maple syrup
- 35g coconut oil, melted
- 100g Ombar 72% Chocolate, melted
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 35g all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the Brownies: In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add the chocolate in small increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Whisk in flax eggs, vanilla and salt. Add the flour. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well-incorporated and no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter into pan. Using a spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
Peanut Butter Swirl: Spoon dollops of peanut butter over brownie batter. Evenly distribute pockets of peanut butter throughout batter—leaving some batter bare. Dip a butter knife into the batter and swirl. Do not over-stir, as doing so will remove swirls.
- Bake for 30-35 mins. Leave for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice and tuck in!