Baked Ombar-topped Doughnuts
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 190g all-purpose flour
- 150g white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 180ml plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 5 tbsp vegan spread (melted)
For the topping:
- 70g Ombar Centres Hazelnut Truffle (or more if you want!)
- Crushed blanched hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare two doughnut trays by spraying with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing well.
- Add the plant-based milk, vanilla, apple sauce and melted vegan spread and whisk well until mostly smooth.
- Put the doughnut batter into a piping bag and pipe evenly into the doughnut tray. Alternatively, you could spoon the mixture into the tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring the doughnuts to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before adding the topping.
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- Melt the Ombar Centres Hazlenut Truffle in a bain-marie until smooth.
- With a spoon, drizzle the melted Ombar over the doughnuts, add as much or as little as you like.
- Sprinkle over the crushed hazelnuts.